I wrote a post awhile back, appropriately named Let’s talk about the dirty old secret called poop!
As you can see from that post, I feel very strongly that having a proper digestive system and how it’s extremely important to staying healthy and preventing illnesses from attacking our bodies:
I’ve read a lot of information on how important it is to be “regular” when is comes to doing the #2. I believe chronic constipation is a serious symptom or sign that something isn’t working properly in your system. The odd day or 2 probably isn’t a huge issue but if it’s happening on a regular basis it can be quite serious. In my opinion, it’s obvious (I think) that using the washroom at a regular basis helps the system clean out the “crap” and detox properly. I feel many people might not even realize they have an issue with this but it can be quite serious if you do.
I think that’s the first time I ever quoted myself, pretty cool!
I read a very interesting newsletter from the Chopra Center with the 10 tips on how to detox daily. I couldn’t agree with them more, other than I changed #10 since it’s a promotion for their program – Chopra Center Perfect Health (have to at least give them props).
Ayurveda considers this build-up of toxins to be the underlying cause of all disease. So how do you minimize the toxins that come into your life, and maximize the toxins that go out?
Toxins enter our worlds by what we eat, drink, breathe in, and process in any way. Here are 10 ways to reduce the toxins in your every day to help you restore optimal health and balance.
Here’s the top 10 list on how to detox daily. I feel like David Letterman!
1. Stay hydrated: Drinking a minimum of eight glasses of clean, not-too-cold water every day is one of the best things you can do to detox and purify your body in a natural way. Good thing, because it’s also the easiest tip.
2. Eat clean: Try to stick to organic, pesticide-free foods, and eliminate antibiotics and hormones from your diet.
3. Meditate: Find time for stillness in your day to cleanse your mind and improve your ability to handle stress. Click here for a free guided meditation to get centered now.
4. Move your body: Getting regular exercise is an important step to staying healthy and strong. Whether you enjoy light exercise like yoga or walking, or like to get your heart pumping by running or dancing, build an exercise routine that you’re excited about to make sure you keep it consistent. Enjoy this chair yoga flow that you can do anytime, anywhere.
5. Supplement with Detoxifying Herbs: Eating a balanced diet rich with fruits and vegetables is important, but taking it a step further may be your next step. Try adding Ayurvedic herbs to assist with the detoxification process, like Purify™, the seven-day total Ayurvedic cleanse system. These supplements are made of Ayurvedic herbs and botanicals to eliminate toxic build-up and leave you feeling energized and strong.
6. Add heat: Break a sweat and hit the sauna or steam room … sweating is a great way build heat and eliminate toxins from your body.
7. Avoid processed foods, caffeine, and alcohol: Try to stay away from ingredients you can’t pronounce, white flour and sugar, caffeine, and alcohol to assist your body’s capacity to process toxins.
8. Quit a bad habit: Are you a smoker? Pack rat? Chronically sleep deprived? Stuck in an unhealthy relationship? Toxins come into our lives in many forms. Consider if you’re participating in any unhealthy patterns or holding onto anything that no longer serves you, and find a way to limit or remove those things in your life.
9. Regulate and eliminate: Healthy digestive function is important to keep your body eliminating the toxins you build up in the body. If you find you’re “stuck in an elimination rut” and not balanced or eliminating naturally, address those concerns with a health care provider.
10. Do something FUN: I truly believe that doing something you really enjoy helps remove toxins from our system. Stress and anxiety can create a lot of toxins in our bodies. When we relax and enjoy our favourite things (art, walking, hiking, gardening, etc) it can help release those bad boys from our system.
I feel I personally do a great job following this list and I think it’s helped me a lot! Not only feeling better but also for fighting off illnesses and helping my body heal! The only one I have a little problem with is the alcohol. I have a drink of red wine every night or 2…okay every night but we can’t be perfect all the time 🙂
Does anyone else have any recommendations on how to detox our systems daily? Please let us know in the comments!
Lots of love,